"I am pleased with the outcome of my visit"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Accident and emergency

Having seen a report on TV about improvements needed in A & E department at Bournemouth, I would like to comment on my treatment in Summer 2015. The care I received was very good, the staff were polite and efficient, and I only waited about one hour before seeing a doctor, despite it being a busy time for the department. I was very pleased with the outcome of my visit, and am happy to praise the staff for their excellent care.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear JoyH

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your experience of our A&E department last summer.

Your feedback is very welcome at a time when there is much press, which impacts on all staff and patients. It will be my great pleasure to pass onto them your kind words of encouragement. I know that when patients acknowledge the difference they have made to a difficult experience, they find inspiration from the appreciation.

Thank you again, and in the kindest manner, I hope you don’t need our services in the future, but will be very welcome, as are all our patients, if you do.