"Nutrition Dept were excellent and could not be faulted"

About: Rotherham PCT / Nutritional services (feeds and supplements)

As a result of having a cerebellar stroke in June 2008 I was unable to swallow and was fitted with a P.E.G. a few days later. While in hospital I learned to control the pump and feed myself.

When I was discharged the ordering and delivering of the enteral food was first rate. As to be expected after having a stroke my mind was somewhat disorientated but all decisions where made for me and just wanted my approval. I was fed this way for almost a year and during that time I never had the least problem.

The whole medical staff of the Nutrition Dept were excellent and could not be faulted, the only minor problem was that of the front line staff were young and in my opinion lacked experience on a personal level (I became very frustrated with not being able to eat). This of course will improve with time.

Response from Angela Eyre

Thank you for sharing your story with us on patient opinion, we are really pleased that you have had a good experience of our services, we will pass on all your comments to relevant staff. We continue to strive to improve service following comments received.