"The waiting time, my appointment ..."

About: George Eliot Hospital

The waiting time, my appointment was 10:05, I was still waiting more than an hour later. No-one apologised for the delay and no reason was given.

I eventually handed a presciption into the Pharmacy only to be told the wait was 40 minutes.

A 4 hour car parking ticket, bought at 9:52 had 35 minutes to go when I finally left the hospital, the wait was so long.

Then, at home, to discover not all of my prescription had been filled, when I called the Pharmacy, whomever I spoke to, judged that I knew the protocol about large amount of drug dispensing. After explaining I had never had a hospital prescription before, I finally received an apology.

George Eliott Hospital has a long way to go before it reaches a professional standard on all aspects, least of all patient care.

Response from George Eliot Hospital

Thank you for your feedback, we were sorry to hear that your experience fell below the standards of care we aim to provide.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 024 7686 5550 or 0800 0407 194 or via pals@geh.nhs.uk so that we can look at how we can learn from your experience.