"Chronic Spontaneous/Idiopathic Urticaria"

About: New Victoria Hospital (Glasgow) NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

May 2014 I started getting severely itchy palms..I then noticed there were red blotches all over them, they burned and were so so itchy! I ignored it for a few days, didn't have time for it with work, kids etc..and then I noticed there were off shaped welts on my wrists which were also burning and itchy. I went to A&E to get it checked and was told I had Erythema Multiforme,

was given some antihistamines & cream and told to see my GP..3 days later my whole body was covered in these burning, itchy welts and I was very worried! I made an appointment with my GP and he then diagnosed me with Chronic Urticaria, he said it could last anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 years! !

So here I am nearly 2 years later..still having the burning itching welts, had a nervous breakdown and suffer severe depression & anxiety, have lost a job I adored, have no social life and still no cure for this awful debilitating condition! Something has to be done about this and soon!

Dear Jillybilly,

I'm really sorry to read what a difficult time you have been having and the extent to which this has affected your life over the past two years.

I would strongly recommend that if your skin is still causing such distress and symptoms you should arrange to see your GP again. Your GP should provide support to help manage your symptoms, and may feel that specialist review is necessary. This would mean they would make a referral to our service and we will do everything we can to help improve your skin.

I wish you all the best,

Con Gillespie,