"Individualised un-rushed care"

About: NHS Lothian / South East Scotland Breast Screening Centre Western General Hospital / Radiotherapy

As a nurse x 40 years, last July I became a patient for the first time (breast cancer). Never during the ensuing six treatment months did I encounter frustration about the experience. If the plan was an appt in 2 weeks, sure enough, that's what happened. I received individualised (un-rushed) care from Consultants, Specialist Nurses, Radiographers, Surgical team. Even the 'boys' in the car park somehow made squeezing into a small spot on a wet day tolerable. Hats off to your service, thank you, I remain very grateful (and very impressed). As far as I'm concerned there's no better than WGH, Edinburgh Cancer Centre for breast cancer care. So glad I took advice: -))

The oncology assessment unit are on the ball and the 24 help line is good.

What could be improved?  Ward 1 waiting area is stark, coffee machine is broken.  Many professionals pass by with no eye contact/hello - a wee smile goes a long way. The 1st appointment is very scary.

Response from Jeannette Morrison, Head of Patient Experience, NHS Lothian

Dear Lucy Small

Thank you very much for this lovely feedback. It is nice to hear how you received indiviudualised and un-rushed care from everyone - even the boys in the carpark.

I have passed your feedback onto the team and l am sure like me will wish you well.

Jeannette