"Radiology department"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) / Radiology

My partner had a CT recently. When we first arrived we were met by a nice receptionist, who gave a card to go around to the CT department, we sat down and waited to be welcomed, this did not happen. We could hear the staff talking and laughing, ignoring all the patients.

Eventually he was called to get changed then had to wait again. In the CT scan he had 3 females, one should have been a male, just like a female would not have all males. I think this is just courtesy and the correct way of doing things, not happy at all.

Now he gets a phone call saying they did not do the scan correctly and missed something. So he has to go and have another scan, take time of work again, are they paying for this.

Also I have to as he needs some one with him. I think this is just incompetence from the doctor that was doing the scan and the CT department. Putting some one though that all that Radiation again is not good for any one. I think that the CT department need to address these things.

How they welcome patients, do the correct scan with out missing anything. To make sure people don't need to go though the worry again.

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that your experience was the cause of frustration and inconvenience and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

In order for us to fully investigate your concerns and address the issues you have raised, we would be grateful if you could contact out PALS department on 01392 402093 so that they can take some further details from you.

We hope to hear from you soon so that these matters can be resolved.

Once again, we are very sorry for your experience.

• Unhappy2405 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful