"I was seen on time by my Consultant ..."

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I was seen on time by my Consultant in the Peggy Wood Breast Centre at my 9am appointment time, had a mamogram and an ultrasound before being seen again by the consultant, I was reassured and discharged - all within 1/2 an hour ! Every stage was explained in between and everyone was polite and pleasant. I must add that the receptionist I spoke to to arrange the appointment was also polite and very helpful.

The main entrance to the hospital is looking a little tired.

The hospital have obviously tried had to help patients and visitors stop spreading bacteria by providing alcohol hand wash at the entrance. It was a shame that the staff and members of the public passing it didn't think it applied to them.

I am the first person to write when things need to be reviewed and investigated, so it's nice to be able to take the time to write about a pleasant experience I have had in hospital.

It really depends on the circumstances on the day and the time that you are seen. On my day it was excellent. Thank you.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at the Maidstone Hospital. All comments are passed on directly to the appropriate manager of the department concerned for them to learn from and improve their services. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact mtwpals@nhs.net or call them on 01622 224960. Kind regards Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (SG)