"Good in many ways, but ..."

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

As far as the medical aspects of my experience - diagnosis, advice, treatment - are concerned, I have nothing but praise; the consultant and F2s whom I saw were exemplary in all respects. On the other hand, I was treated with discourtesy and insensitivity by several of the staff on Ward 2. If ever we meet again, and I hope we won't, please: don't patronize me and talk down to me and put me in my place; don't talk to me as if I were something between a child and a half-wit; don't discuss me in my presence as if I weren't there; don't refer to me as 'it', and don't moan when I ask for a vegetarian option for lunch.. It costs nothing to be polite, you know, and it isn't really difficult.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your visit to Ward 2 at the University Hospital of North Durham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with some of your experiences on this occasion and we will make sure your feedback is passed to the Ward Sister on your behalf.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and if you would like to contact us with your name and some more details it would enable the Matron/Manager to look into your concerns for you.

If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774.

If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is patient.experience@cddft.nhs.uk

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Patient Experience Team