"Pleased with treatment in minor injuries dept"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

I attended A&E dept with a minor injury. The young lady receptionist was lovely, courteous, efficient and smiling. Luckily for me there was only one patient waiting and in a few minutes I was in minor injuries dept; A doctor came forward, greeted me with a handshake, introduced himself with a smile and proceeded to listen to my problem (a sore ankle) After examination I was sent to Xray where, again, I was met with professional, courteous, friendly staff. On returning to minor injuries dept, while I waited for xray results, I witnessed other patients being attended to and every single member of staff was so pleasant and looked to be happy to be there. In these days when all we hear are complaints about the NHS and its staff, I wish it put on record that the treatment and experience could not have een better. Well done, Hairmyres Hospital!

Response from Lise Axford, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear nel77

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience within the minor injuries unit. I am so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience. The emergency department involves a broad and varied multidisciplinary team and I will ensure your comments are shared with them all.

I hope your ankle pain is settling and you are recovering well. Thank you again for sharing your views, the team will be delighted to read your comments.