"Dissatisfied with a simple request decision"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

This morning I attended the Xray department to have my left hip xrayed. At this time I made a simple request that I wanted to view my xray when ready. The radiographer commented this was not normal practice however would ask the senior radiographer. Following the xray the senior radiographer came to see me and I explained I was a retired Histologist and for professional reasons interested in seeing my xray prior to evaluation by whoever. It was clear the senior radiographer was unhappy about my viewing my own xray and made excuses rather than saying a simple no.

For my part I was particularly unhappy by this decision as I simply wanted to compare my left hip with my right hip.

Looking back over the last thirty years or so my experience this morning made me appreciate why I had used PHI or self funded private care.

On a much lighter note the speed at which I was seen following a 'phone call this morning was impressive and I am grateful for that.

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Hello, thank you for your feedback, which has been shared with the department manager.

Best wishes,