"My stay on safari ward for my operation on..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I would just like to say a huge thank you to all the staff on safari ward who made my stay very welcoming and pleasent. I would also like to thank my nurse and the play specialist who were both very kind and helpful. Also the play specialist was very nice as when I was in the anthestist room they kept me entertained while I had my iv out in and spoke to me while everything was happening. Then my nurse was very kind two as they made sure I was confortable when I came out of theartre. Also I would like to thank my two anthestist who were both very kind and spoke to me as they did everything. I would just like to thank everyone on safari ward and to say that my stay was very nice and that I felt very welcomed.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Lily

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience on Safari Ward. We know that being in hospital can be very frightening for young people and I am delighted to hear that staff did all they could to be as welcoming and pleasant as possible.

I will pass on your kind feedback to the team, and also to the anaesthetists. I will also make sure that Sam, our play leader, is also informed of the difference that she made to your experience seeing as you have singled her out for specific praise.

I hope you have made a full recovery since your operation.

Best wishes,