About: New Cross Hospital / General surgery

My husband visited the endoscopy suite at the Beynon Centre at New Cross Hospital recently for a colonoscopy. He was very anxious and apprehensive about the procedure and all it entailed. However, he need not have worried as every member of staff we met with greeted us in a friendly manner and set us at ease Obviously the procedure is not a pleasant experience but the team explained everything that was happening which meant that my husband was not unduly perturbed by the investigations into his "nether regions". Although I was not present in the room whilst the colonoscopy was in progress the lovely staff kept me informed throughout.

My husband commented how the manner of the staff and their expertise filled him with the confidence that all would go well. , (he has a tendency to let his imagination run away with him) Very impressed with everything we saw, heard and experienced on the day. Well done Ms  Mirza, Dr. McCardle, Sister Nikki  and RGN M Kaur.

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relating to your husband's patient experience. I will share your comments with our staff and wish your husband well with his recovery!

Kindest regards