"Staff on this unit are rude and no customer care"

About: Leicester Royal Infirmary

I visited the Balmoral Eye clinic on Monday 15.2.2016 p.m

On entry to the department I ask a member of staff if I was in the correct dep for eye laser - the reply very rude ' Yeh Check in over there' and pointed where to check in. Thatl was far from pleasant and pointed me to the waiting room.

The member of staff that put my drops in was the only person who was pleasant, and as for the Doctor I saw - they had NO bedside manner what soever

They stated that i needed a Scan on my eyes - I duly stated that I HAD ALREADY had this done on my last appointment In january 2016 - they picked up the notes shook them at me and stated that if I had it done it should be with these notes ( how rude).

I sure if you check my nots from Jan you will see that I HAD indeed had the scan - and this would be a admin error on your part.

I duly went for another scan and had the laser done - but the whole situataion of theses Nursing/ doctors CARING PROFESSION does not exsist in that eye department.

I had a cataract done last September 2015 and the staff there were so lovely.

Time for a shake up for Nurses/Doctors/ Auxillary staff in the Balmoral Eye Dept -and certaingly Customer care training'''

Response from Leicester Royal Infirmary

Dear Sheila,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience and that you felt the staff were rude in our Ophthalmology department at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We would like to investigate the matter further so could you please send your details (address, NHS number and a contact number) to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,