"Highly recommend minor injuries unit as an A&E..."

About: Altrincham General Hospital

I have just had a fantastic experience at the minor injuries unit, every member of staff I dealt with (reception, nurse practitioner and radiographer) were friendly, welcoming and professional. I was unsure whether my injury was sever enough to be there, but I was quickly reassured and diagnosed with a broken finger using an X-Ray. I had a procedure to reduce the swelling and given antibiotics. I went at a quiet time so there was virtually no wait, but the system was very efficient so I imagine it would be just as good at busier times. Its fantastic that this service is available for small injuries and non-emergencies to take the pressure off busy A&E departments.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your experience in the Minor Injuries Unit at Altrincham General Hospital. We strive to provide the very best care and experience for all our patients and so it is always good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of staff. We can assure you that your feedback has been sent to the Manager of the Minor Injury Unit so that your feedback can also be shared with the wider team.