"Do your staff ever wash hands?!"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

Do your staff ever wash hands?!

I spend about 12 hrs in your AAU department.I observed that nures and other staff do not wash hands between contact with patients for example when they do observations,they making beds for different patints in the same one pair of glows,flushing cannula without glows it seemed that they don't know the rules regarding "It's in your hands".

It could also bring impretion that some of the nurses ignoring patients more than the others,I have seen it it for example patint was asking for help with going to the toilet -about 30 min wan wait time,painkillers 90 min waiting time and more andmore and more.

I appreciate that they busy but I am a nurse myself and I wittnassed on your ward comletly unknow for me standards. It was shocking and sad to watch.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your recent experiences and would encourage you to get in touch so that we can investigate and respond to you directly. Please email pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk / call 020 8321 6261.