"Not impressed: 6 months no treatment"

Picked this hospital via Choose & Book because it appeared to have the shortest wait but wish I hadn’t now. Waited around 5 weeks for an initial consultation that lasted about 5 minutes. Then a 7 week wait to see a radiologist for a steroid injection, who explained a steroid injection wasn’t suitable for the condition I presented with but recommended a different procedure not carried out at the Independent. Another 8 weeks to see the consultant again for 5 minutes, who dismissed the procedure recommended by the radiologist and referred me for a physio treatment in a ‘few weeks’…. It’s now 5 weeks and nothing so it’s been 6 months since my GP referred me and have had no treatment at all for the original condition so in daily pain. Wish I’d gone to the RBH!

Response from The Berkshire Independent Hospital

I am very sorry that you have had a poor experience at the Berkshire Independent. I would like to fully investigate your concerns but to enable me to do this I will require some more details. Please contact me at the Hospital and we can further discuss. Claire Gurrie, General Manager.