"Great care in A and E"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

Having arrived, at approx 02:15, at A and E by ambulance, (The ambulance crew were caring, reassuring, efficient and friendly) I was greeted efficiently and told what would happen next.

I was assigned a 'booth' and had explained to me what was happening, various tests were carried out, including bloods and a chest X-ray.

Every member of staff (including non-medical staff) I encountered was polite and courteous, told me their name and what they were doing.

At no time did I feel neglected or 'unsafe'.

I was diagnosed with a chest infection and antibiotics were prescribed and quickly dispensed. Further advice was given and what I should do if symptoms were to recur, and I was discharged to home at about 06:00

I cannot praise highly enough the treatment I received from first attendance of the ambulance to the time of discharge.

I felt cared for, informed and safe at all times. A HUGE thank you to ALL the staff who were on duty that night.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

Thank you very much for your comments;we are pleased you were happy with the care you received. Our A&E staff work very hard to care for patients in challenging conditions, so will be delighted to receive your feedback.