"Pain Clinic"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

Firstly I have no complaints about the Operations/Care I have had at Scunthorpe Hospital, my complaint is with the Pain Clinic, I had an infusion in August 2015 and was told I was due two more every 6 weeks, I have not heard anything even though I have left messages and phone calls, hence the fact that now that 1 infusion has worn off and I am in Agony 24/7

I cannot understand why nobody gets back to a message one leaves, and I was shocked to learn on here that I am not the only one. How can our pain improve if we are ignored? Believe me living with constant pain is draining and depressing. We understand that the pain clinic is a very busy clinic and the staff work hard but there is a huge breakdown in communications with the secretary and having appointments be made so that continued treatments can happen, all I am asking is for a follow up appointment and to be heard and listened too. I know like many other sufferers of pain we just want our treatments to be followed up as directed from the specialist. I know its affecting my quality of life and restricting what I can do, and making me feel extremely low.

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the pain clinic. Please can I suggest that if this is still unresolved you contact our patient advice and liaison team on (01724) 290132 or nlg-tr.pals@nhs.net?

Sarah Mainprize