About: The Royal London Hospital

I was living in the tower hamlets council for 7 years and different occasions I visited for my wife's and my child illness. Recently I moved to the Newham council and when suddenly I was suffering with chest and back pain and went to the A& E . After waiting 2 hours the doctor call me and ask me weather I live in tower hamlets or not when I said no they said this A& E is only for the people who are nearly dying and ask me they will give some strong pain killer A until I to go back to Newham. Another member of staff gave me the number and say you need to go to Newham. It was very disappointing situation for me . The other member of staff said go and get painkiller from sainsbury. They were rude and aggressive. This is the service I am paying for every month and they don't even respect people....!

Response from The Royal London Hospital

We are very sorry to read about your experience and that you found the staff to be rude and aggressive to you. This should not happen in any instance. We apologise for this.

We would like to identify those staff members so that we are able to look into the concerns you have raised here. To do this we need you to provide us with more detailed information about your visit. Please do this by contacting our PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or by email pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk .

Barts Health NHS Trust