About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Imaging

I'm getting held back by maladministration. I am the only middle aged person in my extended family therefore I am the one who responsibility defaults to for taking care of my 4 elderlies. In this year alone I have taken 6 days off work unpaid to get them to their hospital appointments only to find they have been wrong. I do not apologise for being angry. I have now lost £600 in earnings this year alone because of poor admin. Today I took my mother to an appointment at the Glasgow Royal for, according to her appointment letter, an MR Angiogram. When we got there the consultant was of the opinion she was there to talk about the results of it. A procedure which had not happened. Well done. That'll be another 2 days unpaid I'll need to take again this year.

In my opinion, the NHS is grinding this country to a halt! If anyone in my private organisation messed up as much as you guys did the business would have folded. You want sympathy for being overworked? Seriously? Try real life!

Dear LRF030913K,

I am really sorry to hear that you have had such repeated problems with the appointments for your relatives and completely understand your frustrations. The managers of our central appointment system have been working to improve the information that is going out to patients, including how timely this information is. They have been contacting patients, particularly when appointments have been missed, to see what role administration had in this and how we can make it better.

It would really help us in continuing to make this better if you could get in touch with me with some of the specifics about the clinics that you have been having issues with (over and above the one you mentioned here). My email address is lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and it would be great if you could get in touch to let me look into this further.

Best Wishes,