"Keep up the good work"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

I attended Monklands General Hospital on a Sunday with my 80 year old mother. I would like to praise the staff for making my mother feel at ease. We were there for approximately 4 hours which seems a life time but in that time my mother had seen the nurse, had an ECG, bloods, seen the doctor had nebulisers and a chest X-ray. Then happily discharged with antibiotics and steroids. What a wonderful service with wonderful staff. Keep up the good work you all deserve a rise in wages.

Thank you for your care to my mum.

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Jane110

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of your Mum's treatment in Monklands Hospital; staff do realise how frightening it can be to attend hospital as an emergency and the importance of putting patients and their relatives at ease. I am pleased this was evident to yourself and your Mum. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

I hope your Mum is progressing well and the antibiotics and steroids have made her feel better.