"Maternity Ward"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I gave birth to my beautiful daughter in November 2015 via emergency C-section and was pleasantly surprised with the standard of care I received - I'd had many bad reviews off others and their experiences. I never wanted a C-section and was very scared about it all but the staff were amazing with me, even though I was a right pain in the bum crying all the time! My partner was included in everything and was allowed to stay with me (up until the last night when I had to go in the ward) and was well looked after. The ward was very clean and the bins were emptied at least twice a day. Sometimes communications between staff could've been a bit better - one was telling me something, then someone else came in and knew nothing about it- but overall I had a very good experience. Thank you all so much!

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Dear Zoe,

Congratulations to you and your partner on the birth of your daughter.

I am pleased that the staff were able to help you when you were scared and anxious about delivering by emergency C-section. I am very happy that this went well for you.

Your comments regarding communication will be passed to the team and the manager on the ward. All feedback help the staff to identify where they can improve, so that everyone’s care will be a positive experience...

Best wishes to your family

Patient Experience