"CMHT assessment"

About: Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I had an assessment recently with the team at St Mary's Hospital in Armley.. I had many contacts with mh services years ago and was VERY reticent about returning to a CMHT for assessment.... however, I found the assessment very good and helpful for the following reasons:

-appointment offered on a Saturday which fitted around work

- the process was fully explained so I knew what to expect

- contact details and crisis contacts were given

- the assessment was thorough and holistic

- the information was then to be taken to a formulation meeting so that medical and psychological opinions could both be considered (this NEVER used to happen)

- the staff I saw were warm, professional, non judgemental and made me feel as comfortable as I could be.

- for possibly the first time in CMHT services I felt heard and genuinely understood and like I could be honest about my experiences.

I felt so relieved and glad that I had attended (as I was in two minds after experiences from years ago)

I just wanted to say thanks

Response from Andrew Howorth, Head of Patient Experience, Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post your positive experiences

it is always encouraging to hear when things go well - we have done a lot of improvement work and it is good to know when this works - I will make sure that the staff get to hear your comments and I'm sure they will be encouraged

Andrew Howorth - head of patient experience