About: Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Leeds LS15 8ZB
Posted by allnameshavebeentaken (as ),
I had an assessment recently with the team at St Mary's Hospital in Armley.. I had many contacts with mh services years ago and was VERY reticent about returning to a CMHT for assessment.... however, I found the assessment very good and helpful for the following reasons:
-appointment offered on a Saturday which fitted around work
- the process was fully explained so I knew what to expect
- contact details and crisis contacts were given
- the assessment was thorough and holistic
- the information was then to be taken to a formulation meeting so that medical and psychological opinions could both be considered (this NEVER used to happen)
- the staff I saw were warm, professional, non judgemental and made me feel as comfortable as I could be.
- for possibly the first time in CMHT services I felt heard and genuinely understood and like I could be honest about my experiences.
I felt so relieved and glad that I had attended (as I was in two minds after experiences from years ago)
I just wanted to say thanks