"On behalf of Bernard.."

About: Parklands Hospital

To be honest I looked in horror at the reviews of Parklands when my wife (Bernards daughter) and I discovered that my father in law was being admitted to Parklands.

We travelled up in trepidation, wondering what we would find on our first visit and were pleasantly surprised.

We have subsequently visited quite a few times and the staff at all times were very patient, caring and professional with Bernard and with any other of the residents.

In fact Bernard is now leaving the hospital a lot more like the lovely gentle person that he is.

Thankyou everyone at Parklands- Elmwood ward for your kindness on behalf of Bernard.

Response from Parklands Hospital

Dear Paul

Thank you for your valuable feedback about Parklands Hospital in Basingstoke. I am really pleased that you had a positive experience and that your father in law is feeling more settled and more like his old self.

We recognise how distressing it can be for the patient, and his or her family and friends to come into hospital and our staff do all that they can to provide care/treatment with compassion. I will ensure that they receive this lovely feedback.

Best wishes, Kathie Jackson, Head of Nursing, East Division