"amazing Doctors and nurses on adult intensive..."

About: John Radcliffe Hospital

I cannot praise highly enough the doctors and nurses on A&E and the adult intensive care unit, they saved my son's life..gave him the best care after a very bleak outlook (he had multiple organ failure)

Their kindness, compassion and professionalism will always stay with me from his admission there to when he was transferred to Kings college hospital in London for specialist liver care. He was blue lighted there from the JR accompanied by the consultant, a doctor a nurse and 2 paramedics.

I know they do this for all patients and it is what they do, but it goes further than that and we as a family felt so grateful for their care and expertise when all you hear is negative things about the NHS.

My son is happily now well, back at uni. We are all so grateful that he came through it and so this is why we thank the JR from the bottom of our hearts.

Response from John Radcliffe Hospital

My apologies for the delay in responding to this lovely feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your and your son's experience. It is great to hear that the teams from A&E and Adult Intensive Care showed such kindness and compassion. One of our key aims at the Trust is to provide excellent care and treatment, with compassion, so it is very rewarding to hear of patients' and relatives' experiences of this aim being met. We're glad to hear that your son recovered well. Your comments will be passed on to the teams.