"Saw quickly in a very quiet waiting ..."

About: The East Riding Community Hospital

Saw quickly in a very quiet waiting room. Convenient to Beverley.

The nurse I saw in minor injuries was rude and uninterested. They complained to me that they "felt crap" after being up all night being sick. Made a diagnosis but was unsure about contraindications of medicine I required. Didn't check with a doctor, said it was my decision whether to take or not!

Response from Engagement Section Assistant, NHS Hull

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for placing your posting on the Patient Opinion website. We were pleased to hear about the positive elements of your experience, but were disappointed to hear that the staff member’s manner and advice could have been better.

We would strongly encourage you to contact the Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) to discuss this matter in more detail. They can be contacted on: (01482) 623065, or by email on: pals.pals@hey.nhs.uk ; contacting PALS will then enable them to investigate your feedback further.

NHS Hull is the organisation responsible for deciding how money is spent on local health services [also known as commissioning], ensuring those services are of high quality and meet local needs. We value all feedback and if you would like to discuss this matter further with us, please do not hesitate to contact our own Patient Advice & Liaison Service on 01482 335409 or email on pals@hullpct.nhs.uk.

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, all local health Trusts are recruiting ‘members’. By becoming a member you can receive advice on keeping yourself and your family healthy, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member, you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.

For more information please either email your.nhs@hey.nhs.uk or telephone 01482 675165.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local services.