"Emergency admission to A & E on 25/01/2016"

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

I attended A&E in the evening following an excacerbation of asthma (which i had never had before.) The unit was very busy with loads of people in the wiating room for a whole range of issues. As my condition worsened i was lucky to be observed by a member of the reception staff who notified a nurse and having bee seen by triage i was moved to anpother area quite promptly,

I could not fault the care given to me by everyone in A&E. They were deling with a load of patients and having to make difficult clinical decisions as to who to prioritse given the availability of beds etc. I was treated politely and kept informed and feel that as patients we shoiuld bear in mind how we in turn talk to hospital staff.

I was admitted for 2 nights and also found the care on Birch ward to be top notch.

Also the food was fantastic!

So a big thankyou to all the staff at St Peter's

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Dear Veronica

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our A&E department and Birch Unit here and we are so pleased that you felt well looked after, especially whilst the department was so busy. We hope you are feeling better after your time in hospital and will ensure that your lovely comments are shared with all the staff you mention.

Many thanks