"Increasing Difficulty To Get An Appointment"

I have been with the clinic for approx 10 years in which time I have had about 6 sets of facet block injections and 2 nerve ablation procedures . As i have a regular gap between treatment of 9 to 15 months i find I am continually written off the system and it took me over 8 months to get back in on this last occasion having to get re -referred by my doctor in February and finally getting treatment in November. 8 very painful months !

I understand how over stretched this service is and in no way blame or fault the excellent staff or quality of the treatments once i get back in for treatment , I find the procedures now to get an appointment are purely bordering on Farcical , time wasting having to go to my doctors for referral again , 16 pages of forms to fill in when i'm a long term patient , 3 days ago I received a letter to contact them about my treatment 3 months ago , it says phone the above number...No number on letter to phone , web directory no longer gives out number and after ringing the general number and getting passed through internally to the person who wrote the letter they weren't available, so my number was taken but as yet no return of call .

Frustrating is all i can say and obviously this clinic is overstretched , underfunded and virtually being hidden from direct normal contact ,even when with a Doctors referral, which i have had to use on the last 3 occasions .

Richard Pennington

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you taking the time to share your recent experience at Whitegate Drive Health Centre.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced repeated problems with your appointments. If you would like us to further investigate these issues, please contact a member of my team at patient.relations@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk

Dear Howard

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about the difficulties in trying to get information.

I am sorry to hear that you have had difficulty in trying to contact the hospital. Please contact a member of my team at patient.relations@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk and they will be able to help you.

Regards