"Terrible experience"

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

I had a terrible experience during my last allergy appointment. The doctor that saw me didn't believe that I was reacting to the foods I listed. They put it down to depression. I was basically in tears by the end of the appointment.

As most people that experience food sensitivity know, you need to be seen by someone who is actually going to look into the issue and not make you feel worse.

When I did receive my results it did show a high IgE count and reactions to a long list of foods. So the doctor was wrong.

On top of that they have yet to send me or my GP a letter detailing my appointment and the next steps. And I have never been able to get through to the clinic, by phone, to chase it.

My next appointment has also been moved back 2 months with no explanation.

I can safely say that I have not had a good experience at this clinic.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very concerned about your feedback posted on NHS Choices and wishes to sincerely apologise to you for the experience you have had in the Allergy Clinic.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would like to be able to look into this matter on your behalf.

We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 312 7777 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk