"Cancer treatment"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Following a period of ill health which involved Surgery and Oncology treatment, I am happy and pleased to say that my treatment and care, across all the services I encountered, was excellent. All personnel, from the most Senior Consultant to the most Junior Assistants on the Wards, were kind and caring and I was treated with dignity and respect through, what was, a difficult period.

Communication was also excellent and responsive; I was able to speak, with little or no delay, to knowledgeable staff whenever I needed advice or reassurance. Many of the publications I was given were well written, informative and reassuring.

My experiences were not without problems but these were of a materiel and services nature and did not detract from the overall excellence of my treatment. Many thanks to all the Staff of the Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Dear Mr Smith

I'm very pleased to hear that everything went so well for you at what can only have been a very difficult and distressing time for you.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your comments and assure you that these will be shared with the staff involved who will be pleased to get such positive feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a speedy recover and well for the future.

Kind regards.