"I've tried everything and getting nowhere"

About: Bourtreehill Medical Practice Crosshouse Hospital / General Surgery

After my operation in 2013, because of crosshouse hospital refusing to do anything about it, I lost my job as a support worker/ carer. In Feb went to see the dr due to the pain from my hernia/seroma problem which is still constantly painful.

The dr did change my pills to different ones which I am gratefully for. I asked for a second opinion regarding my hernia seroma problem and to go to glasgow to see a specialist to see if anything could be done. The dr said I would have to go private. they then continued going on about my weight and when I told them that I attend slimming world at the clinic, she turned round and said that I should speak to my slimming world consultant regarding this.

I have never felt so hurt that I wish I would curl up and die. I couldn't even face taking my son to nursery cause I could face people, I just want a second opinion to that I can get this problem sorted cause it causes me physical and mentally. I just want to be normal not a freak. I want to be able to do thing with my young son who needs me to be fit. Ive tried everything and getting no where. You expect to go into hospital and come back out better not worse. after all you wanted like being in constant pain and looking like a freak

Response from Robert Faulks, Practice Manager, Bourtreehill Medical Practice

Thank you for posting your comment about Bourtreehill Medical Practice; I am sorry that you clearly feel very distressed about your situation.

You will know that you share your experience on "Patient Opinion" anonymously, but I think you have already been in communication with us about this in another way, to which I have made a first response. We’re now preparing our full reply to you by letter separately, and I plan to send this within the next few working days.

Thanks again for being in touch.

Best wishes in the meantime.

Response from Laura Harvey, Improvement Lead - Customer Care, Customer Care - Quality Improvement, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your experience and the obvious anxiety this has caused you. I would like to offer my help to sort out some of the issues you have raised. If you feel you wish my help, or if I can assist you in any way, please get in touch. You can contact me via email at laura.harvey@aaaht.scot.nhs.uk or, if you prefer, you can give me a call on 01292 513610. I look forward to hearing from you.