"Waiting time for gastric bypass operation"

About: The James Cook University Hospital / Gastroenterology

I saw the consultant and was given the green light to have the operation I made three visits in a short time to have different tests done before the operation in a short period of time then I had preoperation appointment they couldn't give me a date.

I have phoned several times and am told the list isn't open at moment but I am in the next lot of letters to be sent out I was told it would be December, then January now into February.

I know it's not an emergency but I am becoming so depressed and I understand I just have to wait.

I am still loosing a bit of weight but am very upset as my life is on hold. This is a very important thing to me. The hospital is fantastic and tests done so quickly but the wait is so depressing.

Response from Barbara Bellamy, Patient Relations Secretary, Directorate of Quality Assurance, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you have cause for concern about the length of time you have had to wait for surgery.

I should be grateful if you would contact the Patient, Advice & Liaison Service on 01642 854807, to provide us with further information, to enable us to investigate the concerns you have raised.

Yours sincerley

Barbara Bellamy

IG & Patient Safety Advisor

Update posted by Lizzybet (the patient)

I have had a email reply from the hospital and someone will ring me in a couple of days from the department hope it does some good