"Grateful for the Perinatal Mental Health Services"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Perinatal – Community

I took part in the 2nd pilot group "compassion focused therapy" group postnatally. Found it to be extremely helpful and helped me to learn ways of looking after myself emotionally as well as being a new mum. It was well facilitated and was a real bonus to me after a very difficult pregnancy/post-natal period compounded by existing mental health issues.

This was just a small part of the service. In addition to this, I accessed the mother and baby unit immediately after giving birth - this was extremely helpful and I found the service to be compassionate and timely considering my mood post delivery.

I know that there are plans to move the service to a purpose built unit - and I can only imagine that this will further enhance an already excellent (and much needed) service. My thanks to the whole team.

Response from Michelle Handsaker, Integrated Service Manager, Specialist Services Directorate, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear hkj34,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience whilst accessing the perinatal service. It is very important for us to receive both positive and negative feedback as it helps us when considering/planning services and to affirm that patients are benefiting from what we offer. We are very excited as a team regarding the new build and feel very strongly that it will assist in the patients recovery. I will ensure that your feedback is past onto the team. Once again many thanks for taking the time to share this and warmest wishes for the future.