"Cardiology investigations outpatient"

About: Salford Royal

I went for ECG this am and I was not impressed with the treatment I have received. Bad points:

- radiographer and support worker were chatting about private matters, nothing to do with my treatment- total lack of professionalism

-the only time I was addressed was to be given instructions (undress, lie down, don't move)

- the radiographer did not introduced them-self to me nor made any attempt to make me feel at ease or explain what she is going to do

- I was not asked whether I know what the procedure involves or whether I give consent

- not once during the ECG I was asked whether I am comfortable or have I got any questions.

Considering that Salford Royal praise themselves to be personal and professional I certainly did not experience that. On a positive note the hospital is clean, always a bonus!

Response from Salford Royal

Firstly we would like to apologise that this has been your experience within our service. We am very disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience and that you have been made to feel this way.

To allow us to investigate this further, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details.

Kind Regards