"Visit to A&E 7th February 2016"

About: Colchester General Hospital

My wife was dragged kicking and screaming to A&E on the 7th as I was concerned about the symptoms she was exhibiting. Neither of us would choose to make a visit to CGH as we have both had very very poor experiences, our families have also suffered at the hands of poorly qualified/trained staff at ALL levels. CGH is NOT our preferred choice. However, when needs out way concerns, you have to, with trepidation, go with what is available regardless of previous historical failures. We were, without doubt, very surprised and genuinely delighted at the quality of service and professionalism given to my wife (and me) on what was quite a traumatic time. I myself am blind and rely almost totally on my wife to steer me around particularly in unfamiliar places. All staff were very accommodating and thorough in their examinations and, the outcome considerably better than expected.. Thank you to ALL the staffe involved. Only good thoughts about CGH A&E at the moment, please keep up the good work.

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for taking the time to let us know. I will ensure that they are shared with the teams involved.

As a hospital, we strive to ensure the best possible patient experience.

Many kind regards