"Concerns about my mum's care in hospital"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

My mum was taken by ambulance to Wishaw General in early Feb and admitted. Same story told to 2 doctors and 1 consultant who all lifted the sore leg causing mum more pain. This is despite me hearing the medical Dr brief the consultant.

She was moved to ward 9 at 2 am and in transit mum's breast prosthesis was lost along with underwear. This was eventually found the next day but this was very upsetting for mum. She then was in pain for another 4 days before an occupational physiotherapist spoke to her doctor and got him to prescribe stronger painkillers.

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Kizzmitt

Thank you for getting in touch and I am so sorry to hear of the concerns you have in relation to the care of your mother. I can assure you that we would wish to look at this further to ensure appropriate care and attention is being provided to your mother at what must be a very worrying time for you and your family.

Further information would be helpful to be able to look at this and I would appreciate if you could contact Yvonne Ross our Patient Affairs Manager on 01698 366558, with more information.

As soon as we have this detail we will be happy to look in to this with the relevant ward area to ensure patient centred care is being delivered.

Kind Regards,

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Kizzmitt,

I was very disappointed to read your mum’s story and I am sorry for the distress we have caused you both. I would really like the opportunity to meet up with you and discuss your mum’s care in greater detail. I would appreciate if you feel you can meet, that you contact Yvonne Ross our patients affairs manager on 01698 366558.

Kind Regards,

Response from Yvonne Ross, Patient Affairs Manager, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Kizzmitt

Thank you for contacting me yesterday. As discussed, I will await further communication from you once you have spoken to your mother. I hope you were reassured by our discussion.

Yvonne Ross