"Outpatients visit to breast careclinic"

About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

I visited the breast care clinic to follow up on a mammogram (carried out privately as part of a health assessment elsewhere). There was a question mark over the mammogram result and a follow up was recommended. I was seen a RSCH under the 2 week cancer care rule. I was seen promptly by a registrar initially and then had an ultrasound with a consultant and also a tomosynthesis (3D mammogram) followed up by the radiology consultant with the results. This all took just over an hour, and was followed up on the phone a couple of hours later by the registrar. All the staff were kind and courteous and I was very grateful for and impressed by the care I received at a stressful time.Thank you so much.

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write and thank the members of staff who looked after you. Our teams strive to provide the best care anywhere and I sure they will be delighted to learn that they helped ease what was a very stressful time for you. I will ensure that your message is passed onto the relevant members of staff in our breast unit. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.