"Excellent care from the Minor Injuries Team..."

About: Basildon University Hospital

We attended the MiU in Basildon hospital early evening / late afternoon of Friday 5th February 2016.

We were looked after very well from the minute we were triaged by the Nurse then spoke to the very friendly and efficient Admin Receptionist to the moment we were called in by the excellent Minor Injuries Nurse.

We waited a little over two hours to be seen, no complaints there, as the A&E waiting area was extremely busy with lots of Patients and their Relatives coming in.

The whole A&E / MiU team were working extremely hard, to provide the best possible care they could within the resource they had available.

My Mum was looked after by the nurse.

I think the nurse represents everything that is good in the NHS.

Everything the nurse did was first class.

The nurse has a great bedside manner and their treatment care and advice was second to none.

Many thanks for the nurse and the team for being there for my Mum.

If you were in the unfortunate situation where you needed emergency care, I would highly recommend the MiU / A&E department.

A first class team!!!

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you for posting your comments on the NHS Choices website regarding the care and treatment received by your Mum in the A&E Department at Basildon Hospital.

We hope your Mum is recovering well.

As mentioned in our response to your subsequent email your kind words were forwarded to the senior management team to share with staff as appropriate.

In your email you were concerned that your comments had been edited and the name of the nurse was removed.

Please be assured that Nurse Warren was subsequently made aware of your kind words.

When I receive a resposne from NHS Choices about the concern you raised I will be in touch by email.

In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thank you once again for your feedback.