"Excellent care for acute urinary retention"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

(as a carer),

My dad is 85. He has never ever been in hospital as a patient. He phoned me to say he'd been unable to pass urine since the evening before and was in a lot of pain. I drove him to our nearest accident and emergency department in Wishaw General and the staff were fantastic. As soon as he was alerted to my dad's distress Staff Nurse Colin assessed him and did a bladder scan and catheterised him. My dad was in such relief. The doctor, Dr Pollock examined my dad thoroughly and bloods and tests were done to make sure he was okay. The nurses, Mags and Angela were so kind too. Everyone was great. Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. My dad was treated with respect and great skill. Thanks Wishaw A/E

Response from Faith McCrea, Service Manager, Emergency & Medical Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Firecracker

Thank you very much for getting in touch and for your comments in relation to the care and treatment your dad received whilst having to attend the Emergency Department here at Wishaw General Hospital. I indeed hope that he is recovering well and his health continues to improve.

It is always nice to get positive feedback and I will ensure this will be shared across the Emergency team here at Wishaw General Hospital. I have no doubt they will be delighted for the feedback and in particular those you have personally named.

Faith