"Occupational therapist has helped a lot"

About: City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Specialist services

I’ve been visited by an occupational therapist three times in the past three weeks, she has been excellent. Jessica came to see how I was managing at home and noticed that I had an old shower stool which she arranged to have replaced. When that came she came to see me again to make sure it was what I needed and when I explained I was having a few problems with it she got me another one which is now fine.

Jessica had been very attentive and asked if there were other things she could help with. I’m really pleased she came.

I think Jessica’s visit came about because I had a hip replacement last year at the City Hospital. All the people there were marvelous, very efficient and kind from the surgeon to the cleaners.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your kind words about your treatment at City Hospital, we’re glad to hear you were well looked after during our time with us. It’s great also to hear you have continued to receive excellent care from other services at home since leaving hospital.

Kind regards,

Andrew Steggles

Patient Experience Officer, Nottingham University Hospitals

Response from Laura Spencer, Patient Experience Facilitator, Nursing, Quality and Patient Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Hello Argon643,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Occupational Therapist, Jessica.

Unfortunately we have been unable to identify which area Jessica works and as a result we have been unable to pass on your kind comments to her and the team.

If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Experience Team on 01623 673849.

Kind Regards