"Spinal Injections - Day Ward"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

This is my second visit for spinal injections and I would like to thank all the staff involved. I received a warm welcome from Reception and was immediately admitted onto the ward. The ward staff were all very friendly and as the doctor who performed the procedure was the same one who I had seen at a previous appointment at the Pain Clinic, there was continuity of care. Not only did the doctor make reference to my earlier consultation, but also remembered our conversation. This level of personal detail makes such a difference. The staff in theatre were reassuring and so friendly. On this second visit, none of the patients had to wear gowns and those who were able to, walked down to (and back from) theatre. This all helped to make the experience less daunting. Thank you to everyone involved for the wonderful work you do.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

All patient feedback is welcomed, as it is shared with the staff and helps us to review the way we work, highlighting what we are doing well, and also where we need to improve.

Thank you once again.