"Cataract Operation"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I attended the Eye Unit on Saturday 6th for a cataract operation and was treated excellently by the staff on the unit and underwent the procedure after a short wait.

The procedure appears to have been a textbook success and I am already experiencing the improvement even through the protective transparent eye guard fitted after surgery.

I am impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of the staff in the unit and the consideration shown to the patients, many of whom are elderly and slightly nervous.

With the pressure from government to reduce wastage and save money I cannot see how any changes or savings could be made in this unit without a reduction in their efficiency...they work like an expensive swiss watch....with a very pleasant manner.

Ed Ridsdale 63 years old

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your coments which I have shared with the Eye unit staff and opthalmology.

I am pleased to hear that you are experiencing an improvement following your surgery and hope this continues.

The staff are pleased that you had such a positive experience and would like to thank you for your feedback.

Patient and Customer Services Manager