"Brilliant service"

Arrived at Minor Injuries Clinic with broken and badly lacerated toe at about 11.00 am

I was seen very quickly, assessed and sent for X-rays in a wheelchair provided without having to ask.

The doctor having consulted with an orthopaedic surgeon at Pembury, then gave me a local anaesthetic, to enable them to reposition the bone and suture the deep laceration with three intricately placed stitches.

They were ably assisted by the nurse, who had extensively cleaned the wound, and then applied the final dressing.

I left the hospital after all of this only two hours later, with antibiotics and two further appointments.

The treatment throughout was explained, and undertaken in a very caring and sensitive manor.

What would we do without this special local hospital in such a crisis?

My thanks to all concerned

Response from Sevenoaks Hospital

Dear Phil

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience at Sevenoaks MIU.

We are delighted that you were seen quickly, provided with the treatment you needed and that everything was explained thoroughly and sensitively.

We will ensure that your kind comments are shared with the Emergency Care Practitioner and the nurse who saw you.

It is good to know that by working collaboratively the staff were able to avoid your attendance at an A&E Department.

Best wishes