"Care of a cancer patient"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

I would like to say how impressed I am with Lincoln Hospital where my brother was recently treated for cancer. From the minute he was diagnosed I felt assured that he received nothing but the best care and attention. As I live in Liverpool this brought me great comfort during his illness and subsequent death in hospital. When he was first diagnosed he was in a bed next to a patient with learning problems who was obviously close to death. I was so impressed with the dignity and care this patient experienced .

My brother wanted to die at home but due to medical problems this was not possible . I visited him in Waddington ward a few days before he died and was completely happy that he would be very well cared for right up to the end. My sister in law has subsequently told me of the kindness shown to her and her children at this very difficult time.

Again being at a distance this gave me great peace of mind .

The caring attitude permeates the hospital . At a time when things are so difficult in theNHS Lincoln hospital is a great example. A heartfelt thank you

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Val,

I am sorry to hear of the sad news about your brother's passing.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and provide us with this lovely heartfelt feedback.

We pride ourselves in our holistic approach to care throughout ULHT and it is lovely to have it affirmed, that this is the patients' experience, and indeed the experience of those who are important to the patient.

I shall ensure that all staff are aware of your positive feedback and once again thank you for taking the time to express it.

Kindest regards,