"1st class treatment"

About: The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

I took my son to pembury following the GP's advice from out of hours GP service at Maidstone hospital.

Was told to go straight to paediatrics, got there, was greeted by a doctor who showed me where to go. My son was being assessed within 10 minutes. Was advised to keep him in as a precaution and observation in case of meningitis. The registrar, doctor and nurse who was put in a cannula was brilliant reassuring him all the time (whilst screaming). Staff kept me informed at all times. Was put into a clean comfortable room. By them ring my son was walking the ward, which I was weary of due to other sick children, but the sister said no he is fine let him wonder.

Long and short the all staff from clinical support staff to doctors were brilliant - thank you paediatric team!!!

We are lucky to have the NHS!!!

Response from The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Dear Claire, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience of our paediatric service.

We were delighted to learn that you and your son had received such a high standard of care and treatment and that the staff were able to offer you reassurance at a worrying time.

Please be assured that we have passed your thanks on to the team and we hope that your son has recovered well.

Kind regards, The PALS Team.