"ENT Appointment"

About: Russells Hall Hospital

I am writing with regard to the length of time waiting to receive a first appointment for the ENT department. My doctor referred me with severe sinusitis in December following a severe bout of flu. I have been unable to work since then.

I have recently received a first appointment for the end of March. That seems an awfully long time to wait for an appointment ( over 12 weeks) considering it is affecting my life and preventing me from doing lots of things.

I have neither liked or disliked the department due to not actually having made it there yet.

I have never had to have time off from work and find the length of wait time to see someone both distressing and annoying.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our ENT Department. We sincerely apologise for the length of time it has taken for you to get an appointment and for the distress this has caused you.

Our ENT service is an extremely busy one and receives a large number of referrals for patients but we always do our best to offer patients the first available appointment.

Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) would be happy to speak to you to see if we can arrange a more convenient appointment date for you. Please contact them on free phone 0800 073 0510.