"My father in-law admitted to Queens"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

My father in-law was admitted to Queens on friday the 18.12.2015, he was treated in resus then on to D57 where he was treated with respect and dignity especially by the staff, then he was moved to D58 well where do I start some of the staff had not got a clue how to sort the equipment, some need lessons in people skills they were like robots it was'nt until my niece had a go that we were in formed and someone came to talk to the famliy about his treatment and he would be moved to a side room, I have been to this hospital many times with family but this first time that I thought that the care was shoddy. by the way my father in-law has vascular dementia, diabetis, he dose't understand anything you tell him he also hits out from what I saw i don't think anyone had read his notes, from the way he was treated I hope I don't have to come on this ward its supposed to be for elderly people then they should be treated as one with respect.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's experience on D58 and that you felt he was not treated with respect by the staff. This is not acceptable and I will be sharing this feedback with my colleagues on the ward to ensure improvements are made in future.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kind regards, Julie Benson Matron, Health Care of Older People (HCOP)