"New hip new woman thanks to brilliant operation"

When I was diagnosed as needing a new hip I was as much concerned about the stay in hospital as I was the actual operation. A friend recommended the Horder and although I had never heard of it I took her advice.How thankful I did. On my first visit I was very impressed with the calm, friendly but efficient atmosphere.

On operation day I was immediately attended to when I arrived. No nervously waiting around. I walked into Theatre to a friendly reassuring greeting and the next thing i remembered was waking up in my own room,with my own ensuite as well as a television and a clock . How I appreciated that!!

Having some problem with very low blood pressure I was kept in bed for a couple of days.The staff couldn't have been more attentive and made sure i was kept free from pain.

Having heard about awful hospital food I thought I would lose some of the weight I had gained but no chance at the Horder. The food was extremely good.

The physios worked on me in bed and later in the gym.and I kept up with the exercises at home.

The loaned equipment had clearly been very carefully thought out and made such a difference to coping at home as was the information booklet which was invaluable.

After a couple of days at home I was telephoned to check on my well being and given a 24 hour telephone number for contact about anything. This was very reassuring.

It is now six months since my operation which was a brilliant success. The joy of walking and sleeping pain free knows no bounds.I am leading a normal active life, although not swimming strongly yet. I have already flown short haul and will shortly be flying long haul to resume my voluntary aid work with renewed vigour.

I am 76years old.

Clearly The Horder is a shining beacon in health care at its best. There is a nice atmosphere about the place and all the staff seem to enjoy working there as a brilliant team. I am so grateful and cannot thank them enough.

My only concern now is that, having recommended it to so many people, there will still be a space for me should i need treatment on any other joint, as i would not consider going anywhere else.

Thank you Team Horder.

Response from The Horder Centre - St Johns Road

Thank you for such a lovely review, we are so glad to hear that you had a positive experience at The Horder Centre and that everything went well with your treatment and recovery, and that you were keen to recommend us to your friends

Your comments will be passed on to the departments who will be very happy to hear about your experience. We wish you all the best from the all the team at The Horder Centre.