"Emergency Heart Attack"

About: Cumberland Infirmary

I was admitted to the Willow Cardiac Care Centre with what proved to be a heart attack around midday on 17 August 2015. By 3 pm I was receiving treatment for a blocked artery with 2 stents.

All the staff involved in my treatment and after care were absolutely superb. I was kept fully informed at all stages, treated with kindness, reassurance and dignity throughout by staff with impressive professionalism and dedication. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and I was made to feel comfortable and at ease all the time. The doctor leads an exceptional team by example with a calm, professional, knowledgeable and friendly disposition.

I would make special mention of the Nurses in Willow who never flagged in their 12 hour shifts, even when under extreme pressure of the multiplicity of tasks they had to undertake ( often at the same time) and whose cheerful wholehearted dedication was a joy to observe. I am certain that they helped my recovery enormously. I really don't have words sufficient to praise them enough - just a big Heartfelt Thank You..

Response from Cumberland Infirmary

Thank you so much for telling us of your experience. I can fully appreciate how anxious you will have been but to be so well cared for must be a real comfort.

The nurses and doctors work really hard and do strive to meet their high standards at all times. They take real pride in their work, they will be so pleased to hear that they are doing a good job. I will pass your comments to the staff and hope you are recovering well.

North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust.