"Endoscopy"

About: Queen Margaret Hospital / Endoscopy

I received an appointment for an endoscopy and was required to go to Queen Margaret's hospital, Dunfermline. Each and every member of staff who I encountered could not have been nicer and more friendly. The nurse who gave us directions was lovely. All the staff in the endoscopy unit were very nice. I was prepped and was made comfortable by a nurse with a very kind and gentle nature. I didn't have to wait too long to be taken in.

The nurses who were in the procedure room were fantastic. One especially was a great help. She was the one who held my head and kept me calm during the procedure (unfortunately I can't remember her name). They kept me constantly updated and this one nurse kept me calm and comforted me throughout. She ensured I was ok afterwards and even came to see how I was once I had recovered.

Before leaving, multiple nurses asked if I was ok. My mentioned nurse comforted me just before I left and even gave me a hug after I broke down in tears. I could not have been in better hands. Please give them my sincere thanks and appreciation. Their quirky and kind personalities helped me get through a tough procedure, and although I did not like the procedure, it was made so much more bearable and easier with their help.

Response from Gillian Ogden, Clinical Nurse Manager, Planned Care, NHS Fife

Dear SoapyBubbles

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely comments. Coming for an Endoscopy can be daunting and I am glad that our staff made this easier for you. I will pass on your post to all our staff, they will be delighted with your positive feedback.

I hope you have recovered well.

Gill Ogden

• SoapyBubbles thinks this response is helpful